Welcome to the University of Alicante
Alicante is a welcoming city bathed by the waters of the Mediterranean and characterized by its great dynamism and a warm, typically Mediterranean climate. It is a crossroads of cultures that welcomes the traveler to make him feel home
In addition to checking the travel restrictions in your country, you should make sure you've consulted the Spain Travel Health portal. The local organizing team can assist you in getting a COVID-19 PCR test in Alicante. Note that tests usually take 1.5 business days to complete.
Once on campus, keeping a safety distance, use of hydrogels and disinfectants and use of masks in all university spaces is mandatory.
To learn more, see COVID-19 Infomation page.
As a popular tourist destination, there are many accommodation options in Alicante. Here we give you some recommendations that will make you feel welcome with special conditions for attendees.
- Meliá Alicante
- At Meliá you can enjoy spectacular sunrises over the Mediterranean in this hotel near the old town with a privileged location between La Marina and Postiguet Beach, which offers comfortable exterior rooms fully equipped with a private terrace and spectacular views of the marina or the sea. You can also enjoy a tasty and varied breakfast with views of the sea and the Castle of Santa Bárbara in the Gran Postiguet room and fantastic Mediterranean cuisine in the Terra Restaurant, which includes the best rice dishes in the Levante region. In addition, thanks to its excellent location, you can stroll through the picturesque neighborhood of Santa Cruz, visit the Castle of Santa Bárbara or immerse yourself in the waters of the island of Tabarca. Admire breathtaking sunrises at this sea-view hotel. Please, send us a mail if you want to book this hotel.
- Eurostars Lucentum Hotel
- The referenced hotel Eurostars Lucentumhas 169 rooms, all of them fully equipped, air-conditioned. It also has extensive facilities, including 6 rooms for holding all kind of events. It is an excellent option for both business trips and leisure trips. The modern hotel located in the heart of Alicante, very close to the Central Market and a few meters from the port and the old town, which makes it the perfect viewpoint to visit the city on your feet. It is also well connected to other points of interest in the city, with a stop on the new metropolitan tram just across the street. Please, send us a mail if you want to book this hotel.
Directions from Airport to Alicante city centre
We give you some transport options so that you can move from El Altet Airport to the center of Alicante
- Airport El Altet - Alicante city centre
- The bus is the best way to go to Alicante center. This 24h service offers a bus every 20min with a price of 3.85€/trip. The time depends on the stop but it's usually between 20-30 min. Selected stops are Plaza Puerta del Mar (Meliá Hotel) and Avda. Alfonso el Sabio, 12 (Eurostars Lucentum Hotel).
- Taxi service
- It is the simpliest alternative to the bus, the journey is somewhat faster, about 15-20min. The price is about 15-20€ from Monday to Friday, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays; and somewhat more expensive from Monday to Friday from 9 pm to 7 am.
- Rent a car
- If the taxi and the bus do not convince you, you can also rent a car from the same airport, you will not have to leave the airport. The car is a very good option if you plan to stay for several days and go on excursions around the city or its surroundings.
How to move within Alicante and to the University
The conference is planned to take place at the University of Alicante. However, if the number of physical attendees is low, it would be held at the Sede de la Universidad de Alicante, close to the marina.
In the former case, there are several options available to get to the University from Alicante.
- Urban Bus (TAM)
- It is the main public transport to move around Alicante, comfortable, fast and cheap. Taking lines 26, 36 or 38 you can get to Alicante University. A single ticket costs 1.45€, but the best option for tourists is Alicante Tourist Card, which allows unlimited access to urban and interurban bus lines (TAM) and the tram (TRAM). It also includes a trip on the tourist bus. The price is 13€/24h; 16€/48h; and 18e/72h. To purchase it, you must go to Plaza de los Luceros
- Alicante Tram (TRAM)
- Taking TRAM you can move comfortably from the center of Alicante (Plaza de Luceros) to Alicante University itself. A single ticket for one area (L2 is the one that takes you through Alicante) costs 1.35€/trip (2.30€ round trip). You can also buy the Alicante Tourist Card.