On 31 December 2022, the terms of three MEI Board members will end. In the name of the entire MEI community, the MEI Board expresses its gratitude to Johannes Kepper, Perry Roland, and Martha Thomae for their service and dedication to MEI.
In the 2022 MEI Board elections, the MEI community will determine three MEI Board members for the term 2023–2025. The election process will take place in accordance with the Music Encoding Initiative By-Laws.
To nominate candidates, please do so via this form: https://forms.gle/oAB1HaBya3BAyzJZ7
The timeline of the elections will be as follows:
- Nomination phase (7 November – 21 November 2022)
- You can submit nominations by filling in the form linked above.
- Any person who today is a subscriber of the MEI-L mailing list has the right to nominate candidates.
- Any individual is eligible for nomination, including those who have previously served on the MEI Board. Candidates in the election must be members of the MEI-L mailing list but may register until 23 November 2022.
- Self-nominations are welcome.
- Individuals will be informed of their nomination when received and asked to confirm their willingness to serve on the MEI Board.
- Acceptance of a nomination requires submission of a short CV and a personal statement of interest in MEI (a maximum of 200 words each) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 November 2022.
- Candidates who have been nominated but have not confirmed their willingness by 23 November 2022 will not be included on the ballot.
- Candidates must be members of the MEI-L mailing list and may register until 23 November 2022.
- Election phase (28 November – 18 December 2022)
- The election will take place using OpaVote and the Scottish STV Ranked Choice Voting method.
- We will inform you in separate emails about the start of the election and your individual voting tokens.
- Post-election phase
- Election results will be announced after the elections have closed.
- The term of the elected candidates starts on 1 January 2023.
- The first meeting of the new MEI Board will be held on Monday, 16 January 2023, 7:00 pm UTC
The election of Board members is an opportunity for each of you to have a voice in determining the future of MEI.
Thank you for your support,
Peter Stadler and Benjamin W. Bohl
MEI election administrators 2022
by appointment of the MEI Board
- The By-laws of the Music Encoding Initiative are available online at: http://music-encoding.org/community/mei-by-laws.html
- All deadlines are 11:59 pm (UTC)