2020-07-23 Virtual MEI Board Meeting
Present: Elsa De Luca, Johannes Kepper, Perry Roland, Ichiro Fujinaga, Benjamin W. Bohl, Kristina Richts, Norbert Dubowy, Laurent Pugin, Martha E. Thomae
Minutes: Martha E. Thomae
- Forwarded report about MEC 2020.
- Thanks to Anna Kijas for the conference organization (email from the Board).
- Proceedings for MEC 2020 were published today (July 23rd, 2020).
- Open call for MEC 2022.
- Open to Europe as well.
- Giving time for receiving applications, due to the unstable situation generated by the pandemic, and we will re-visit this in September.
Questions about internal organization of the IGs and whether the Board should regulate this
- By-laws explicitly indicate that “the IG may establish decision-making processes as necessary.”
- We are not modifying the by-laws. Instead, we are adding to the paragraph of the “Interest Group” page some information about:
- IGs organize themselves.
- Regular activity reports at MEC are expected.
- The board supports the creation of new IGs.
- It is ok (even encouraged) for the IG to have more than one chair (and we are leaving the term “co-chair” instead of “co-convenor”).
- And address the problem of turn over from one chair to a new one.
- We are leaving things still pretty flexible. Organization depends on each IG because each IG has different needs.
Next MEI Board Meeting
- To be held in September or beginning of October.