On 31 December 2021 the terms of three MEI Board members will come to an end. The entire Board wishes to thank Benjamin W. Bohl, Elsa De Luca, and Ichiro Fujinaga for their service and dedication to the MEI community. Additional gratitude is due Elsa for her leadership as Chair of the Board.
In order to fill these soon-to-be-vacant positions, elections must be held. The election process will take place in accordance with the Music Encoding Initiative By-Laws. 
To nominate candidates, please do so via this form.
The timeline of the elections will be as follows:
Nomination phase (20 November – 4 December, 2021 )
- Nominations can be sent by filling in the nomination form.
- Any person who today is a subscriber of MEI-L has the right to nominate candidates.
- Individuals who have previously served on the Board are eligible for nomination and re-appointment.
- Self nominations are welcome.
- Individuals will be informed of their nomination when received and asked to confirm their willingness to serve on the Board.
- Acceptance of a nomination requires submission of a short CV and a personal statement of interest in MEI (a maximum of 200 words each) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December, 17 2021.
- Candidates who have been nominated but who have not confirmed their willingness will not be included on the ballot.
- Candidates have to be members of the MEI-L mailing list but may register until 16 December 2021.
Election phase (18 December – 31 December, 2021)
- The election will take place using OpaVote and the Ranked Choice Voting method.
- You will be informed about the election and your individual voting tokens in a separate email.
Post election phase
- Election results will be announced after the elections have closed.
- The term of the elected candidates starts on 1 January 2022.
The election of Board members is an opportunity for each of you to have a voice in determining the future of MEI.
Thank you for your support, Peter Stadler and Laurent Pugin MEI election administrators 2021 by appointment of the MEI Board
 The By-laws of the Music Encoding Initiative are available online.
 All deadlines are referenced to 11:59 pm (UTC)