2021-01-14 Virtual MEI Board Meeting
Present: Johannes Kepper, Ichiro Fujinaga, Benjamin W. Bohl, Stefan Münnich, Laurent Pugin, Perry Roland, Kristina Richts, Martha E. Thomae
Absent: Elsa De Luca
Minutes: Martha E. Thomae
Administrative Chair & Technical Co-Chairs
Elsa De Luca was re-appointed as Administrative chair. The same was the case for the technical co-chairs: Johannes Kepper and Benjamin Bohl.
There is a pull request in the music-encoding website repository for implementing an automatic link checker to verify which links are broken in the website instead of having someone keeping an eye on it regularly.
Update on MEC 2021
- The conference was postponed by two months (we have some submissions already).
- Planning for a hybrid conference. The local organizers are looking into streaming ideas so that people who cannot travel—due to restrictions or difficulties getting travel funding—can still join.
- wonder.me was proposed as an option for the interaction part of the conference (it could be considered as a “spatial zoom”)
- There are two keynotes already.
- Looking into options for the proceedings:
- Humanities Common
- Bavarian State Library
- More suggestions will be discussed in the next board meeting (maybe a journal?)
- We need to add a “news entry” for the delay of the conference so that people can find this information on the starting page.
Workshops for People Interested in the Development of MEI and Poster Updating the Community about Recent Developer Work
Current Financial Situation
We will have a continuous income into the MEI pocket for the following three years.
Conference (2022) and Developer Workshop (2021)
- Developer workshop could be held in Montreal (McGill University)
- Think about options for MEC 2022: Halifax? Victoria? Ottawa?
The ODD meetings will still be held at the usual schedule:
- last Friday of odd months
- last Thursday of even months
Next Board Meeting
April 15th, same time (5 pm GMT).