Welcome to College Park and the Washington DC area
College Park Marriott Hotel
Participants are strongly encouraged to stay at the
College Park Marriott Hotel
& Conference Center. We are currently negotiating a conference rate and will post it here shortly. This hotel is a 10 minute walk from The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center (main venue).
- The Hotel at the University of Maryland
- This brand new hotel is located just outside campus, a 20 minute walk from The Clarice Performing Arts Center (main venue).
- Staying downtown in Washington DC
- It is possible to stay downtown, but allow an hour door-to-door to get to and from the conference venue. We recommend the Chinatown area, with many hotel options, near all the major downtown sights, and on the Metro Green Line, which goes straight to College Park (see 'Maps and Dining').
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Getting to College Park
Directions from Airports
The three major airports in the Washington area are Reagan Washington National (DCA), Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall (BWI), and Washington Dulles International (IAD).
The most convinient way of getting to your final destination is by using a door-to-door shared ride service such as SuperShuttle, which can be booked in advance. See below for public transport options.
- From Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- It is easiest to take the Metro to campus from Reagan National Airport. Follow the signs in the airport to the Metro station and take the Yellow Line north (towards Georgia Ave/Petworth). Get off at L’Enfant Plaza and change to the Green Line. Take the Green Line North towards Greenbelt and get off at the College Park/University of Maryland stop. Take the University of Maryland shuttle (104) to Cole Student Acitivties Building (last stop). This is at a short walk from the Marriott and the main venue.
- From Baltimore Washington International (BWI)
- Take the BWI Express Metro Bus from the airport to the Greenbelt station. Take the Green Line south one stop to the College Park/University of Maryland station. University of Maryland shuttle (104) to Cole Student Acitivties Building (last stop). This is at a short walk from the Marriott and the main venue.
- From Washington Dulles Internation Airport (IAD)
- Take the Washington Flyer from the airport to the West Falls Church Metro Station. Take the Orange Line east towards New Carrollton. Get off at L’Enfant Plaza and change to the Green Line. Take the Green Line North towards Greenbelt and get off at the College Park–University of Maryland stop. Take the University of Maryland shuttle (104) to Cole Student Acitivties Building (last stop). This is at a short walk from the Marriott and the main venue.
Directions from the Metro
The College Park Metro Station is located on River Road off Paint Branch Parkway, approximately two kilometers from campus.
The College Park Metro Station UM Shuttle (104) leaves
approximately every ten minutes or less from the UM Shuttle stop on the east side of the station.
It will drop you off in front of the Cole Student Activities Building (#162 on the campus map).
Walk to Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center (#386 on the campus map).
If you are staying within walking distance of campus, you may want to leave your car at the hotel and walk or take the hotel’s shuttle bus (if provided).
There is free parking available in Lot 1 (lots 1b, 1d, etc.). There are also pay lots and garages throughout campus—these are run by automated pay stations, and they take either cash or credit. Rates are $3 per hour up to a $15 per day maximum. You can park in any of the highlighted garages/lots. You can find more parking information on the University’s Department of Transportation Services website.