Dear MEI Community,
On December 31, 2016, the terms of three MEI board members will come to an end. The entire Board wishes to thank Axel Teich Geertinger, Eleanor Selfridge-Field, and Johannes Kepper for their dedication to the MEI community. Additional gratitude is due Johannes for his leadership as Chair of the Board.
In order to fill these soon-to-be-vacant positions, elections must be held. The election process will take place in accordance with the Music Encoding Initiative By-Laws.
– Nominations can be sent to email@example.com between November 21 – December 19, 2016.
– Individuals who have previously served on the Board are eligible for re-appointment.
– Any person who subscribes to MEI-L has the right to nominate candidates and/or be a candidate.
– Self nominations are welcome.
– Individuals will be informed of their nomination and asked to confirm their willingness to serve on the Board.
– Acceptance of a nomination requires submission of a short CV and a personal statement of interest in MEI (a maximum of 200 words each) to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1, 2017.
– The voting period will be open from January 1 – January 15, 2017.
– The election will take place using OpaVote and the Ranked Choice Voting method (https://www.opavote.com/methods/ranked-choice-voting).
– You will be informed about the election and your individual voting tokens in a separate e-mail
The selection of Board members is an opportunity for each of you to have a voice in determining the future of MEI. Keep MEI open!
MEI Elections Officer 2016
by appointment of the MEI-Board